letter 18: Frankie
1. Family ethnicity and immigration story explaining immigrant dreams,
reasons for wanting to come to CA. and America.
2. Reasons why you like or dislike living in SoCal in America, and
if, and if and how you have felt racial discrimination.
3. A response to the photograph and its picture of reality here in
SoCal and America.
1. I think immigrants come to America because they are looking for job opportunities. The US has the most to offer than any other country, so it is a good reason. You dont make much out of the states also because the minimum wage is higher than the rest, so that is another good reason to find a job here.
2. I like southern California because it is not too hot in the summer and not too cold in the winter. Also there are many attractions here, which is great to have some family quality time. Another great reason I love it down here is because it is where all my family relatives are located. A reason for me not liking southern California is things are expensive. Especially right now since the recession is going on. Racial discrimination only concerns me if violence is involved. I dont like it and never will.
3. the photograph was really interesting. To see all the possible reasons on how to get to the states. Also the picture where it symbolizes Jesus caught my eye. Since I am a Christian I have seen that before. The colors used also really amused me.